Unleash the radiance of your skin with chemical peels! A transformative treatment that works like a magician’s wand, whisking away dullness, blemishes, and signs of aging. Our powerful concoctions deliver potent skin-renewing ingredients to reveal youthful skin. Dare to peel away the layers and reveal your inner glow.
How Skin Damage Occurs
The skin is a complex organ that shields us from external aggressors. However, it is also susceptible to damage caused by various factors such as exposure to the sun, environmental pollutants, and unhealthy lifestyle habits. The outermost layer of the skin, known as the epidermis, contains cells that produce melanin, which provides protection from UV radiation. However, excessive exposure to the sun can lead to skin damage, causing sunburn, wrinkles, and age spots.
Additionally, free radicals in the environment can cause oxidative stress, leading to premature aging and skin damage. Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and poor diet can also adversely affect the skin. These factors can compromise the skin’s health, leading to a dull, uneven complexion and premature aging. Chemical peels are a solution to these signs of aging and skin damage, helping you nourish and revitalize your skin’s inner radiance.
What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are a cosmetic treatment designed to improve the appearance of the skin. They work by applying a chemical solution to the skin, which causes the top layer of skin to peel off, revealing a smoother, more youthful complexion. Chemical peels can be tailored to treat a range of skin concerns, from fine lines and wrinkles to acne, hyperpigmentation, and uneven texture. They come in different strengths, ranging from mild to deep, and offer an effective way to achieve a fresh, glowing complexion.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Acne and acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Age spots and freckles
- Rough, dull skin
- Large pores
- Scaly patches or rough skin
How Chemical Peels Works
Chemical peels cause the top layers of dead and damaged skin cells to peel away, revealing smoother and healthier skin underneath. The solutions are made of various ingredients, such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), and trichloroacetic acid (TCA), which can exfoliate the skin and reveal a brighter complexion. Chemical peels also stimulate collagen production, which makes your skin look firmer, tauter, and more youthful. The strength of the peel depends on the concentration of the ingredients and the specific solutions used.
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Improved skin texture and tone
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smoother, brighter skin
- Minimized pores
- Reduced acne breakouts and scars
- More even skin tone, with reduced hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Stimulated collagen production for firmer, more youthful-looking skin
- Customizable to meet specific skincare needs
- Non-invasive, with minimal downtime for superficial and medium peels
- Can be performed on most skin types and tones
Types of Chemical Peels
- Only remove the outermost layer of skin (epidermis)
- Use mild acids, such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs)
- Can treat mild skin discoloration, rough texture, and fine lines
- Require little to no downtime
- Penetrate deeper into the skin than a superficial peel
- Use trichloroacetic acid (TCA) or glycolic acid to remove the epidermis
- Can treat moderate skin discoloration, acne scars, and deeper wrinkles
- May require a few days of downtime to allow the skin to heal
- Penetrates the deepest layers of the skin
- Uses phenol or a high concentration of TCA to remove the epidermis and dermis
- Can treat severe skin discoloration, deep wrinkles, and scarring
- Requires a longer recovery time, usually up to two weeks
Meet the Beverly Hills Sculptress
Indulge in the transformative power of chemical peels with Shea Denmark, the aesthetic artist extraordinaire behind our boutique medical practice. Affectionately dubbed the Beverly Hills Sculptress, Shea is a master of her craft, with a loyal following of celebrities and VIPs who trust her with their most important asset: their skin. If you want to rejuvenate your complexion and unleash your inner radiance, schedule a consultation with Shea today.